The 13th Medicines for Europe Legal Affairs Conference in London will be the forum of high level discussions between leading industry executives and experts, counsel and European institution officials on the latest IP legal landscape developments with regard to generic, biosimilar and value added medicines in Europe and worldwide.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- How Brexit will impact the IP landscape and business strategies for the sector
- A competitiveness boost: what are the opportunities for biosimilar medicine developers?
- Establishing sustainability for second medical use patents
- How to take advantage of the IP and regulatory environments to grow the generic and value added medicines business
- Antitrust case law and latest developments
- Inconsistencies in the SPC case law
Interactive roundtables will address topics such as developments at the EPO, the UPC, orphan drugs, grace period, ethics/code of conduct, compulsory license, second medical use patents, the falsified medicines directive, and clinical trials transparency.