While the sustainability of healthcare systems, and their ability to provide equitable care for a growing and ageing population, remains central to the heath policy debate, new questions are surfacing not only on the practical aspects that healthcare actors need to consider when introducing biologic medicines exchange in clinical practice but also on the future features of legal, procurement and regulatory frameworks in support of long term competition in the biologics market.
Biosimilar medicines form an integral part of the clinical practice in all EU Member States. In the EU and beyond, national and regional policy frameworks, including procurement systems, appear as key drivers of biosimilar medicines use. As biosimilar medicines are available for a broad range of therapies, differences observed in the hospital and retail environment also condition patient access. While there is no silver bullet, it is worth focusing on certain features and combinations thereof which have proven efficient in freeing up budget for re-investment in the healthcare system.
The global nature of this industry sector calls for an ambitious international regulatory agenda where science and experience are the key drivers.
Sustainability is also conditioned by an efficient and fit-for-purpose regulatory framework. The continuous evolution of regulatory science is a necessity and there are opportunities to derive key learnings from an in-depth analysis of the impressive cumulated data on biologic, including biosimilar, medicines applications over the past decades.
Join us for what promises to be an unprecedented edition of the Biosimilar Medicines Conference and contribute to shaping an environment where patient care pathways and access to standards of care are made easier thanks to the value that biosimilar medicines bring to healthcare systems.
As a participants in this event, you will
- interact openly with thought leaders in the field
- engage in vibrant discussions with the full spectrum of healthcare stakeholders, policy makers and industry
- deepen your knowledge on the latest regulatory and scientific hot topics
- comprehend the impact that upcoming policy frameworks will have on access to standards of care and competition in the biologics market
- broaden your understanding of complex market access and procurement features
- factor in international developments when considering the longer term perspective
- access actionable takeaways from experts in their fields with relevance to your daily practice