The 5th Medicines for Europe Value Added Medicines Conference will take place in Brussels on 7th November 2023!
Value Added Medicines (VAMs), which result from repurposing existing therapies, present an opportunity to bring treatments for indications or populations where no approved therapies exist. They can reduce the risk of adverse events, help patients adhere to treatment, lower the burden on healthcare providers and reduce inefficiencies in the system, with an overall improvement in health outcomes. The potential of repurposing is being increasingly recognised.
The programme of the conference this year is centred around the role of repurposing in increasing access to treatment and better addressing the needs of patients, healthcare providers and healthcare systems in an affordable manner.
Highlighted areas of discussion include:
- The proposal for a new pharmaceutical legislation and how it can unlock the potential of repurposing.
- How to overcome existing barriers and stimulate affordable innovation across the lifecycle of medicines.
- The realities of medicines repurposing, and the tools needed to bring a product to the patient.
- A focused assessment of the latest developments in value added medicines.
- The role of health data and new ways of evidence generation.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join stakeholders from different backgrounds as they forge a new consensus on how to deliver on this promise of affordable innovation!